Treiber.de Café
How can I help if a loved one
Neues Thema      Zum Thema antworten
Autor How can I help if a loved one
franksmith
Gast
0 Beiträge
Erstellt am: 19.12.2020 um 15:20 Uhr Antwort mit Zitat
How can I help if a loved one has been diagnosed with dementia?

franksmith
Gast
0 Beiträge
Erstellt am: 20.12.2020 um 08:47 Uhr Antwort mit Zitat
Any ideas?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von franksmith am 20.12.2020 um 08:48 Uhr.

oliviadavis
Gast
0 Beiträge
Erstellt am: 20.12.2020 um 08:48 Uhr Antwort mit Zitat
I have found reinforcing their ingrained memories helps with overall anxiety and general happiness.

1. Going through old albums and getting them involved by asking questions (even if you've heard the story a million times!).

2. Encouraging their old hobbies like knitting or card playing.

3. Try to find out the music they/their parents listened to and play it ad often as possible. This will help them feel at ease with familiar sounds.

4. If your loved one worked a certain job for decades, try to be creative and encourage that “job" (this is a very soothing activity for those who are at the latter stages). For instance if your loved one was a nanny, buy them a doll to “care for". Or, try to find a costume of the profession they once worked. This will help them feel at ease by reinforcing a memory. But be careful, if they were a soldier or a potentially upsetting profession you don't want to trigger a bad memory.

5. Buy toys that encourage your loved one to think and problem solve. Keeping them mentally stimulated can help with anxiety and depression.

freestown7
Gast
0 Beiträge
Erstellt am: 20.12.2020 um 11:10 Uhr Antwort mit Zitat
Hi, do you plan to take care about your loved yourself or on some home care center? Most people do not consider their health to be something precious. I have seen this often and recommend to apply to that 24 hour home health care https://myallamericancare.com/24-7-home-care-health-service/. There are very qualified staff and they try very hard to provide the best medical care, especially for such people. Best of luck

Zuletzt bearbeitet von freestown7 am 20.12.2020 um 11:10 Uhr.

harison
Gast
6 Beiträge
Erstellt am: 17.01.2021 um 19:49 Uhr Antwort mit Zitat
I really had problems at work and I wanted to relax... My friends recommended this service to me: https://drmental.org/about-online-therapy/what-is-hypnotherapy decided to try it, chose a therapist and talked to him about everything online. He did hypnotherapy and I have never felt so good! I got complete relaxation and really achieved what is called a trance. Thank you so much for the help, it's the best!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von harison am 17.01.2021 um 19:49 Uhr.

Neues Thema      Zum Thema antworten

© 2012 treiber.de